2010 April Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

2010 April Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
JTCRunning BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Location: Mediterrania Restaurant; 3877 Baymeadows Road; Jacksonville, FL

President David Hall called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m. Directors Margaret Barton, Richard Fannin, David Frank, and Larry Roberts were absent.Ellen Sassa, Traci Akers, and Anne Matthews attended the meeting as guests.

Approval of 3/2/10 minutes: The March minutes were approved as submitted and will be published in The Starting Line and posted on the club website.

Treasurer’s Report:Treasurer Bonnie Brooks distributed copies of the Balance Sheet and the Profit & Loss Detail and then reviewed the documents with the board.It was noted that we donated $500 to Sulzbacher for the “supper serving” that we did, $2,500 to the Kids Triathlon for this year’s event, and $2,700 to high schools to support track meets and memorials.Also of note, the P&L showed $25,500 spent for the

TenBroeck Cup competition at the Gate River Run.

OLD BUSINESS:

SulzbacherCenter Update – The March 27 dinner we served at the center for the homeless went well.We had 15 volunteers working, some of whom ran the center’s race earlier in the day.They asked us to come back again some time and serve again and told us we did a good job.
Bolles Wednesday Early-Morning Track Workouts – Margaret Barton is working on finalizing the contract and getting a check to Bolles for the next six months of track usage.
RRCA Convention – Douglas Tillett will be our voting representative at this year’s convention in Lakeland on April 22 thru 25.No other board members asked to attend but a couple of former board members expressed interest in going.No board action was taken to allow for other members to be sent to the convention.
By-Law Review Update – The Task Force that is working on the By-Law Review reported that significant action is still required on this task.
Election Process Update – Director Colleen Clarson asked Douglas Tillett to poll some of the other clubs at the RRCA convention to see how they handle elections.Colleen says the task force’s goal is for an August completion of their work and presentation of their recommendations.

NEW BUSINESS:

Statue Name – Director Lamar Strother, who has been the main contact with our sculptor, Derby Ulloa, suggested we form an ad-hoc committee to assign a name to the piece and determine wording for the associated plaque.Instead, the Vision & Planning Committee will meet with the Community & Public Relations Committee to discuss these tasks.The meeting will be Tuesday, April 13, at 6:30 at the PizzaPalace.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

RACE COMMITTEE – No report.

Gate River Run (3/13/10) – Director Doug Alred reported that the new time groups worked and so did the associated security.We had more than 15,300 runners signed up and lots of volunteers.This year’s finish line worked very well.Sponsorship was great but it was noted that MPS group won’t be back for 2011.Out of town runners accounted for 19% of the finishers.Doug mentioned that we ran out of finisher medals and that he noticed a couple of examples where more than one was taken by a single runner.Neverthelss, almost everyone was taken care of.

John TenBroeck Memorial Winter Beach Run – (2/14/10) – Race Director Doug Alred hasn’t finished the final report yet but it looks like we made enough of a profit so that we will be making a good donation as John’s memorial, which will be going to 26.2 With Donna, per Angela TenBroeck’s decision.

GuanaRiver 50km Trail Run & Relay (3/27/10)– The word from Race Director Bill Dunn is that the results of the ultra will be posted soon and will be seen at JTCRunning-dot-com.

CLASSES & CLINICS – Director Jane Alred expressed reluctance to schedule events since practically no one comes to them, which is insulting to our clinic instructors.

COMMUNITY & PUBLIC RELATIONS – Committee Chair Larry Sassa led a discussion about our JTCRunning Hospitality Tent at the Gate River Run, which we considered successful, although we found a couple of potential improvements as well.Larry distributed an account of the cost of the tent effort.

FINANCE COMMITTEE – Treasurer Bonnie Brooks scheduled a meeting of the committee, which will follow the CPR/V&P meeting next Tuesday at PizzaPalace.The request we received from Franz Lerch for sponsorship of the race he directs will be the point of discussion at the committee meeting, which should start around 7.

MEMBERSHIP – Director Rex Reed, Membership Coordinator, says we are now up to 814 “unit” memberships, the increase being due to the training groups, recent race events, and expos.

MERCHANDISE – Director Carol Fitzsimmons reported sales of $200 of club merchandise at the GRR Expo in addition to $750 of membership dues collected.A brief discussion of possible merchandise to offer our members followed – caps, perhaps.

NEWSLETTER – PrintExpress says the next edition of the newsletter will go to the post office tomorrow.

WEBSITE – Director Trib La Prade needs pictures of our events for the website.

SOCIAL & BANQUET – A committee meeting is needed to plan for this year’s Awards Banquet and Baseball Social.Colleen Clarson volunteered to check the availability of the banquet hall at the RiverplaceTower for us. Bonnie Brooks suggested we could consider offering a group gathering at a 2010 Jaguars home game as she can negotiate the ticket-arranging for us.

VISION & PLANNING – Committee Chair Doug Alred said that lots of work has been done at BakerSkinnerPark relative to the trail and that a nice, wide path has been cut.Doug suggested we consider becoming a “friend of the park” – more on that at a future meeting.

NEXT MEETING – the next meeting will be Tuesday, May 4, at 7 p.m. at Mediterrania Restaurant.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.

Douglas Tillett, JTCRunning Secretary, has respectfully written and submitted these minutes.

Pin It

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.